Thursday, December 13, 2007

Feliz Navidad!







Today Justin had his Christmas program at school. Jamie took Owen out of school early so we could all be there to support Justin. The kids were so cute. Jamie thinks Justin was Just lip syncing (check out the video below)They are learning about Christmas in other areas of the world and sang a couple of different songs with a Mexican theme. After the program we got to have some treats with him at school. I think he really enjoyed doing the program and us being there.

The boys also received a package today. They are always excited to get a package (especially Justin). It was some Xmas ornaments for the boys from Uncle Ken and Aunt Pam. A special thanks to them for thinking of the boys.

Although it is only 12 days until Xmas (I think that is a song or something), it sure doesn't feel like it. It has been hot all week. Today was the 4th straight day of record highs. On Monday it was 81, it was the warmest December day ever recorded in NC. It is gradually cooling down and is supposed to consistently be in the 50's for the next 10 days. I don't think it's going to be a white Xmas. We still need rain drastically. The lakes are literally drying up before our eyes. You know me, I'm a real conservationist. I suggested to Jamie that we save water by showering together, but she didn't go for it. Hey, I tried to do my part.
On a sports related note, the Wings beat the Hurricanes & the Pistons beat the Bobcats (hey dad, I keep forgetting to tell you it's not the Hornets anymore) this week. And, our football team is worse than the lions. It's a good thing we didn't move here for the sports, although the entire state is still gloating over the little mountain college that beat Michigan in football this year. At the mall they are even selling posters of the scoreboard at the big house.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Very good show buddy. Was that a blond Mackenzie next to Justin....
    Glad to see the Santa hats on at the lake otherwise we would think it is summertime. Guess we'll have to pack some snow in our suitcases when we come down....
    Great pictures, everyone looks happy....especially the boys when they get packages.....see ya soon, hugs & kisses, love, Gramma & Grampa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just caught up on all the video and pictures. The Christmas program was great and he was definately singing(the yawn was especially captured well)Theroller blading in the garage was awesome, Owen you are really good. I look forward to some video of Owen's game in January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin I had fun watching the video. I wish I could of been there to hear you sing. You could be on American Idol.
    xoxoxo I love you kenzie

    ReplyDelete